Surprise Dad!

So Gavin gets home from Italy in about two hours. I thought it would be nice for him to come home to a clean house and a dolled up wife. Things were going that way this morning. I cleaned our apartment really nicely and I had just gotten the cleaning down out in the apartments when I came home to find water running out of the ceiling in my kitchen and bathroom. So now he gets to come home to this....

(yes, I know this picture is side ways but that's just the kind of day it's been. I tried three times to turn it and then gave up, so sorry you'll have to tilt your head to the right.)

... and likely a wife in a t-shirt and jeans with her hair pulled back in a messy pony tail because I'm too tired to get dolled up now. Hope he had a good trip ;) All in all though the situation didn't turn out that bad. I have amazing family and friends who were here right away. My dad and brother came even though I told them they didn't need to. And Braiden spent his afternoon helping us pull up carpet. I am so blessed to have such wonderful caring people around to watch out for me especially while Gavin's been away. Not just today, but so many others have helped in other ways. Thanks everybody!

1 comment:

Andersen said...

Oh Katie, I am so sorry this happened to you. This same thing happened to me one evening. I hope it all gets fixed soon. I had to clean up the mess and I was so sick. You are such a good wife and try so hard way to go.